Improve operational synchronisation and reactivity to unforeseen events
In January 2020, one of the major players in the luxe industry wanted to assess part of its inter-factory flows from Europe to various stock platforms around the world. The company used Safecube’s IoTrack for real-time flow and temperature monitoring.
The project addressed a few specific issues:
Security and transport conditions
This customer transports sensitive goods with strict transport conditions.One of the objectives of the solution is to have more control over the evolution of temperature conditions.Exceeding the 30-degree threshold on the inland parts of the transportation triggers a real time alert on theplatform.
Then a security issue on the stolen goods. Identify and alert in real time when containers are opened, especially at ports.
Real time visibility on flows and transportation performance assessment
- The customer takes benefit of real time visibility on goods flows, from the departure warehouse to the arrival. The arrival warehouses have a good vision of replenishments to come, and of delays with a good proactivity.
- A tool capable of doing end-to-end tracking: inland and maritime.
- A quarterly business review enables to share some analysis of
IoT’s added value
- Trackers placed on the pallet for in-land flows. Very Precise and granular data transmission.
- No signal jamming with the Sigfox network unlike GS
Today, this major player in the luxe industry has chosen to use IoT-based solution IoTrack for real-time flow and temperature monitoring. The objective is to use the tool to provide visibility on upcoming replenishment, and reassure on transport conditions for very sensitive goods.